California Multimodal, LLC established in 1984 with a minimal amount of trucks in just one location. Today, CMI, (CMI America) operates in 15 strategic locations throughout the United States in addition to 3 locations that make up CMI de México and 3 locations that make up CMI Logisticos. Exceeding 1200 employees and over 1200 independent owner operators nationwide, we strive to continually advance our sustainability every step of the way. Among our locations we have over 3,000,000 square feet of warehouse space with the capacity to grow when needed. With these assets at our fingertips, we are able to provide world class supply chain services.
CMI is a member of the California Cartage Family of Companies, a private corporation founded in 1944. Cal Cartage is headquartered in Wilmington, California just minutes from the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles.
Over and Above and Nothing Less
From dedicated drivers to intuitive field dispatchers, friendly receptionists to decision makers, every member of the CMI team shares in company spirit that strives for excellence. We believe that empowering highly trained employees sets a tone for synergy and dedication to a job well done.
As a CMI client, you will enjoy a successful working relationship with a single point person who is accountable to you, while being supported by dozens of seasoned professionals. Adaptability is an inherent part of our business, so we’re well equipped to accommodate your unique situation with everything we’ve got.
Our Commitment to Quality
- Helping and Supporting each other
- Using problem solving skills
- Foster teamwork: “Focus on We, not just I.”
- Leave your “ego” at the door
- Be approachable to new ideas and information
- Attend to improving processes, not blaming people
- Communicate information: “Knowledge is power only when it is shared.”
- Self-discipline to follow through. “Say what you do. Do what you say!”
- Treat others with respect
- Be Consistently fair, while understanding individual needs
- Recognize achievements and excellent performance
- Make sound business decisions based on facts, not emotions